5 Non-negotiable Values of the Church of God
- Jesus Christ – Jesus is the supreme King. He is the Alpha and Omega. He is the image of the invisible God. And he is the one and only way of eternal salvation. He is the subject of history and our lives.
- Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit is an active agent and an equal part of the Triune God in us. He convicts us and empowers us. He teaches us and guides us to all truth. He gives gifts and grows fruit in us. He makes us holy and guides us in the way of God.
- Unity – We are called to be a unifying agent to the larger body of Christ. We are called to be a catalyst. The division of the Body of Christ is Hell’s greatest accomplishment. Unity is not a mere ideal, it is a lifestyle.
- Great Commandments – The Great Commandments are what God has called us to. We need to love the Lord with all our entire being – heart, soul, mind and strength. God is our everything and we respond to Him in relationship with our whole self. And because of that love we have for Him, we also express that love to our “neighbor,” as much as we love ourselves.
- Supremacy of Scripture – The Bible is the way we measure truth. We don’t take our cues from the culture on how to live. Genesis to Revelation is the inspired word of God. It was breathed by God and is the lens of authority in our lives through which we view the world. It has no peer, no equal and reveals to us the mind and heart of the Almighty.
These are our core values. These answer questions for our lives. There are many other beliefs we hold, but if someone is not comfortable with these 5, they will not be comfortable in the Church of God movement. This we believe…
If you have specific questions on doctrines, feel free to ask.