We, The Church of God in Hoopeston, exist to glorify God through equipping people for life and ministry.
We do this by striving to foster a loving, welcoming, compassionate environment where people at all stages of their spiritual life and life journeys can come and worship, fellowship, and belong.
Our objective is to see people come to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, redeeming them to God our creator, and equipping them to live an abundant life with the help of His Holy Spirit.
All of these are accomplished while drawing closer to God and one another in love.
5 Non-negotiable Values of the Church of God
- Jesus Christ – Jesus is the supreme King. He is the Alpha and Omega. He is the image of the invisible God. And he is the one and only way of eternal salvation. He is the subject of history and our lives.
- Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit is an active agent and an equal part of the Triune God in us. He convicts us and empowers us. He teaches us and guides us to all truth. He gives gifts and grows fruit in us. He makes us holy and guides us in the way of God.
- Unity – We are called to be a unifying agent to the larger body of Christ. We are called to be a catalyst. The division of the Body of Christ is Hell’s greatest accomplishment. Unity is not a mere ideal, it is a lifestyle.
- Great Commandments – The Great Commandments are what God has called us to. We need to love the Lord with all our entire being – heart, soul, mind and strength. God is our everything and we respond to Him in relationship with our whole self. And because of that love we have for Him, we also express that love to our “neighbor,” as much as we love ourselves.
- Supremacy of Scripture – The Bible is the way we measure truth. We don’t take our cues from the culture on how to live. Genesis to Revelation is the inspired word of God. It was breathed by God and is the lens of authority in our lives through which we view the world. It has no peer, no equal and reveals to us the mind and heart of the Almighty.
If you have specific questions on doctrines, feel free to ask.